Edina Healthcare is seeking a dynamic and motivated BSE Accredited Senior
Echocardiographer to join our team.
The post will support the implementation of our new Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Echocardiogram Service, which we are confident is going to revolutionise echo services across the United Kingdon.
We are the only handheld device with the tools for systolic and diastolic function, pulmonary hypertension, structural heart disease, and valve disease: Continuous-wave Doppler (CW), Pulse wave Doppler (PW), and Tissue Doppler Imaging.
The datasets derived from these modes will be handled and analysed with the Us2.ai software. Images are processed, labelled, measured, and analysed in two minutes; to derive a structure report and editable data annotation. This allows improved workflow and time saving by enabling hospital clinicians and echocardiographers to focus less on the process of measurements and shift the attention to quality and data synthesis for decision making and diagnosis. Hence, improving patient outcomes.
The post holder will work in our hospital clients providing our AI echo service, scanning patients and then reviewing the scans and reports.
We offer a competitive salary of £55,000 - £60,000 a year WTE, plus bonus.
Post Title: Senior Echocardiographer
Location: we are recruiting on a UK wide basis and there may be occasion to travel and on
occasion stay overnight
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Accountable to: Medical Director
Responsible to: Edina Healthcare Board of Directors
Key Purpose of Role
• Ensure the provision of a quality AI echo service for all our hospital clients
• You will be a key part of our scanning team, and will support our hospital clients with technical question
• Review all echocardiograms taken using our AI echo system and Us2ai software, to produce reports alongside the scans
• Ensure accurate clinical records are maintained in accordance with professional, statutory, and organisational guidelines
• Take specific responsibility for the development of a one stop echo service for patients attending cardiology appointments
• Work co-operatively and collaboratively as a part of the Edina Healthcare hospital based teams to ensure smooth running of our AI echo services for our NHS Hospital clients
To succeed within Edina Healthcare, you will:
• Be BSE accredited (or international equivalent) and able to perform and report independently to BSE standard
• Currently be registered with the RCCP as a Clinical Physiologist
• Hold a BTEC ONC and HNC Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement and / or BSc Clinical Science / Physiology or equivalent experience
• As required for RCCP registration; you will also have a valid Immediate Life Support certificate
• Be flexible, motivated, and committed to the highest standards of patient care Edina Healthcare is renowned for excellence and innovation and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients. You will become part of a team that is driven to provide that care and driven to innovative change within cardiology diagnostics.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse clients we serve and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
We will support you to be the best you can be, meaning we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and everyone within our team feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
We promise that we will support you with training opportunities and career development options. Patient care is at the heart of everything we do, and we have a robust quality management process to ensure that every scan complies with British Society of Echocardiography guidelines.
• To scan patients before reviewing the scan and the AI generated reports from all echocardiogram to ensure we are providing services to British Society of Echocardiography latest standards
• To promote a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care, ensuring a patient centred approach to care
• To actively encourage the development of innovative practices within Edina Healthcare Educational
• To assist in setting protocols and standards of care for echo patients within the Edina Healthcare service
• To maintain own proficiency in echocardiography and other technical skills and ensure that own mandatory training certificates are current
• To participate in his/her own performance review and actively participate in own continuing professional development
• To assist in echocardiography education in Edina Healthcare meetings
• To monitor waiting list times for echo studies, ensuring waiting times are minimised
• To ensure any delays or shortfalls in service are promptly reported to the service manager and assist in taking remedial action
• To manage own time to ensure balance between clinical and administrative activities
The post holder has a general duty of care for the health, safety and well-being of work colleagues, visitors, and patients within Edina Healthcare in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974 and all other relevant legislation in addition to any specific risk management or clinical governance accountabilities associated with this post
• The post holder will carry out their duties with due regard to the Company’s Human Resources Policy Instructions and other relevant Policies of the Company
• To observe the rules, policies and procedures of the Company and its Customers
• To maintain satisfactory personal performance and quality standards and to achieve where possible objectives agreed in the Annual Staff Appraisal system
• To ensure that acceptable standards of data protection are maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
• To observe and maintain strict confidentiality of patient records and staff information: any unauthorised breach of confidentiality may result in disciplinary action
• The post holder should be member of the British Society of Echocardiography and have current Adult Proficiency and be registered with RCCP
• Echocardiogram studies should include a full study as per BSE guidelines, but not be limited to:
- Parasternal long axis
- Parasternal short axis
- Apical four chamber
- Apical two chamber
- Apical three chamber
- Subcostal and suprasternal.
- All views should include colour, Doppler and measurements
- Diastolic function should be assessed for patients between 35 and 75 where possible
Edina Healthcare Ltd provided pay range
This range is provided by Edina Healthcare Ltd. Your actual pay will be based on your skills
and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Base pay range
£55,000 - £60,000 per year, plus bonus